- 2% Thoriated tungsten electrodes (AWS classification EWTh-2) contain a minimum of 97.30% tungsten and 1.70 to 2.20% thorium.
- They are the most commonly used electrodes today and are preferred for their longevity and ease of use.
- Thorium increases the electron emission qualities of the electrode, which improves arc starts and allows for a higher current carrying capacity.
- This electrode operates far below its melting temperature, which results in a considerably lower rate of consumption and eliminates arc wandering for greater stability.
- It also features a lower level of weld contamination than other electrodes.
- Unlike pure tungsten, these electrodes are only for specialty type AC welding (thin gauge aluminum or materials less than .060-in.), but they are exceptional for DC electrode negative or straight polarity on carbon and stainless steel, nickel and titanium applications.
- During manufacturing, thorium is evenly dispersed throughout the electrode.
- This evenness allows the electrode to maintain a sharpened edge—the ideal electrode shape for welding thin steel.
- Sharpening the electrode’s point, however, should be done with great care.
- Size rode : 3.2mm
Item in the box
10 pcs x 3.2mm Red 2% Thoriated Tungsten Electrod AWS WT-20